European authorized representative
According to the New EU Market Surveillance Regulation 2019/1020, as of July 16, 2021, when a manufacturer located outside the EU exports CE-marked products to the European market, it must appoint under contract a natural or legal person within the EU as its European Authorized Representative - RAE.
The European authorized representative assists the manufacturer in understanding the mandatory requirements of their target market, reviews mandatory documentation and product labeling, maintains their technical documentation and declarations of conformity, and cooperates with authorities on their behalf. At the same time, the European Authorized Representative must give his name and address to the manufacturer or importer, which will be printed on the label, packaging and instructions for use of the CE products.
In accordance with EU directives, the products listed below must meet specific compliance, labeling and documentation standards and have an authorized representative in the EU.
- Materials and objects in contact with food.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Children’s products
- Measurement tools
- Power tools, hand tools
- Durable goods (eg, furniture,sports equipment, sunglasses)
- E-Mobility (eg pedelecs, cargo bikes, skateboards)
- Eco-design energy products
- Electrical and electronic equipment, appliances or products
- Products subject to the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive
- Radio telecommunications equipment
- Products subject to the Construction Products Regulation (CPR)
Process of our service
Contact us through our communication channels to share your needs with us.
Offer and budget
Depending on your needs and products, we will send you a personalized offer of services and estimated costs.
Signature of the agreement
If you agree, we will proceed to formalize the contract.
Brand your products
We will provide you with our official certificate as well as a guide on how to mark your products.
We will determine the applicable requirements and the necessary documentation
Review and evaluation of your technical documentation.
Your product meets the requirements to enter the EU.
We become your authorized representative.